Vodafone UK and the Vodafone Foundation are proud to be working in partnership with The Scout Association to support the Digital Maker and Digital Citizen Staged Activity Badges. Not only are we always looking for fresh ways to help enhance lives and our future through technology, but also we believe we all have a duty to ensure that the technology we have at our fingertips is used responsibly and in a sustainable way. Vodafone takes this to heart, focusing on two core principles:
- Digital confidence for all: Ensuring everyone has access to technology and the confidence to use it
- Digital wellbeing: making sure the technology it provides is used to enhance the lives of individuals and families
To kick off the partnership, the Scouts’ Digital Manifesto was launched in January 2016. The manifesto is made up of six clear and concise goals to help all sections use digital technology in a way that is safe, smart, creative and responsible.
SCOUTS’ DIGITAL MANIFESTO GOALS
- Use digital to learn and embrace new skills
- Share your adventures digitally and inspire others
- Know when to switch off and balance screen time with outdoor activities
- Use digital skills to support your family and community
- Use digital to be creative
- Stay safe online and know the risks
Vodafone have also helped to develop the tools and resources available on this website to support volunteers who want to deliver exciting digital skills badges for young people.
Vodafone is committed to helping young people become more confident and resilient online. The Digital Parenting magazine, the #BeStrong online anti-bullying campaign and other Vodafone initiatives empower parents, carers and schools to help their children make the right choices in the digital world.
Our partnership, supported by the Vodafone Foundation, will help support young people in Scouting to develop improved digital skills, safety and confidence.